At the beginning of the company, you can get by with a mobile phone and maintain a database in Excel, but as your business grows, you need to create a full-fledged call center. There is a need to quickly respond to calls, advise on goods and services, provide technical support or resolve related issues. Operators need to process calls on several lines at the same time, work with incoming and outgoing call flow, keep a history of communication. How to create a call center? What do you need? We have compiled a small checklist, following which you can solve the main issues.
How to organize a call center from scratch?
The task seems not so difficult if it is broken down into several components.
1. Define the role of the call center in business
First, you need to highlight one or more areas of work of the CC. It could be:
- Handling incoming calls, for example, a hotline;
- Making outgoing calls (ringing orders and expanding the client base).
- Outsourcing. The call center accepts orders for processing calls.
The choice of direction determines and narrows the search for software, allows you to highlight important points. Usually, call center operators handle both flows: incoming and outgoing. Less commonly, specialists are divided into two groups.
2. Choice of software and hardware
When choosing call center software, it’s good to be able to plan a few steps ahead. Easy-to-use and flexible software will accelerate the development of your business, and the wrong choice will lead to losses (financial, time, motivational). The whole world of contact center software comes down to two big groups:
- Boxed solutions;
- Cloud programs that can be accessed on a computer, laptop or other device with a browser installed.
When buying a boxed solution, you pay once. Of the minuses: the state needs a narrowly focused specialist who is able to configure and maintain the server, the program, and also monitor the performance of devices associated with the program, for quick replacement. High-quality boxed software is always more expensive than cloud software. Refinement of the functionality and adding the necessary functions is difficult or impossible. If the power supply or Internet connection fails, the work of the contact center stops. A highly specialized specialist is not needed to maintain and configure a cloud solution – thanks to a convenient and friendly interface and technical support. All data is stored on a cloud server, which provides access from anywhere. The service team is responsible for data backup. In the event of a power or internet outage, you can always continue working in a place where there is network access. The downside of the cloud solution is the monthly payment for the subscription, storage of work data in the cloud and dependence on the Internet. Although working data in the cloud is often optional and can be hosted, and attachment to the Internet is not a critical factor, since all SIP operators work and so work only via the Internet. Choosing a platform type. It is necessary to take into account its indicators:
- Flexibility of settings for different cases;
- Clear and convenient functionality;
- Detailed reporting.
These three indicators are fundamental in the Oki-Toki cloud service.
3. Equipment selection
If you chose a boxed solution, you will need:
- Servers (the number and configuration depends on the number of operators, reliability requirements, the speed of troubleshooting and the program itself that will be used);
- Uninterruptible power supplies for it and network devices;
- Internet connection and preferably not one;
- Equip operator workplaces;
- PC and headset for operators.
To work with our software, a headset, PC, and Internet access are enough. Employees will be able to work from home. There are tools for monitoring operators. 🙂
A call center employee must have basic computer skills and negotiation skills, as well as good communication skills. Important qualities for an operator:
- Grammatically correct speech;
- Stress resistance;
- The ability to quickly switch between tasks-texts. This is necessary when working with multiple projects. It’s normal when the operator has more than 10 projects!
It is important to monitor the work of employees. This includes listening to conversations and monitoring activity during work. Oki-Toki’s special reports will help you find out how much time the operator spent online, in a conversation, or in Unavailable mode. You can also view the number of handled calls.
Difficulties when opening a call center
When opening a call center, you may find that:
- The equipment is too expensive;
- It is difficult to find experienced specialists;
- Expanding a call center is a costly task;
- Boxed software is overpriced or impossible to modify;
- It is difficult and inconvenient for operators to use the program.
It is very important to choose the right software, taking into account the specifics of your activities in the future. For example, the correct software (CRM & CC) should be able to restrict the rights to view orders, contacts and listen to calls, remember the history of settings changes and generally be strict about working with data. This will reduce the risk of left-handed orders, internal conflicts and other security annoyances. If you are an outsourcing company and take an order for CC service, the limited settings of the cloud software may not allow you to implement it. And if fault tolerance is not thought out in advance, you can lose precious hours to restore work.
How to create a call center from scratch using Oki-Toki
Oki-Toki specialists will help you open a call center from scratch in three days. During this time, we will select the tools suitable for your tasks, set up the system and train the staff to work. Advantages of Oki-Toki:
- Work through the browser. With Oki-Toki, you do not need to use additional equipment and hire a tuning specialist. Our technical support person will give a presentation and conduct an initial training. A user-friendly interface, widgets and high speed of work will speed up the understanding of the principles of the service.
- No need to look for high category operators. The program allows you to save conversation scripts and scripts. Therefore, even a beginner can cope with receiving an incoming or outgoing call, selling goods, technical support or solving a problem.
- Ease of setup. Oki-toki allows you to quickly open a call center for both small businesses and large firms. Setting up the functionality and connecting tools is done in a few mouse clicks.
- All reports are stored in the system. You can request a detailed report on the work of the entire call center or an individual operator, evaluate the load on the call center, the duration of calls, expenses and other parameters.
The fault tolerance of the Oki-Toki service is 99%. If the connection with the main server is broken, it will connect to the backup. With us, you only pay for the services you actually use. When calculating the price of services, the number of operators and the duration of their work, and the use of additional tools are taken into account: dialer, voice mailings or a robot. The period of free testing of the program is 14 days!
On a note
If you are in doubt about whether to create a call center, identify the problem that needs to be solved. The answer will primarily depend on her. For example, a call center is definitely needed if you are developing a business with the help of cold calls, processing a large number of orders, or providing outsourced call center services.