In this article, we have written detailed instructions on how to connect a SIP phone to a call center, in what cases it is necessary, as well as how to create an account, set up a user, and test the connection.
When is it needed?
Oki-Toki has a built-in softphone, but in some scenarios it is not enough. For example:
- You want to make calls via mobile phone. To do this, you have installed the application. For example: zoiper ;
- You need to make and forward calls to your IP-PBX, then you connect Oki-Toki as a telecom operator (virtually, of course). Applicable for: Bitrix, Binotel, Asterisk;
- You have an IP phone (Grandstream, Linksys, Cisco, etc.) or a Windows replacement ( microsip , 3cx , PhonerLite ).
To receive a call on a SIP phone, you need to create an account for SIP connection in the personal account settings, assign it to the Oki-Toki user, and configure call routing. How to do it yourself?
Create an account
- In the section SIP telephony -> IP phones -> Create ;
- Specify the account name, link the Oki-Toki user to it;
- SIP registration data will be generated automatically after clicking on the "Save" button. Now they need to be specified in the settings of the softphone, IP phone or external PBX;
- In the account settings, you can reset the password, reassign the user and specify the queue for outgoing calls (if you will make outgoing calls).
User Configuration and Routing
- In the user profile, in the "Communication" section, enable the " Softphone " setting (allows receiving calls to this communication tool);
- To transfer more than 1 call at a time, enable "Multichannel" (required when connecting to an IP-PBX). This will allow multiple conversations at the same time, but will disable time tracking for this user;
- For an incoming line and the ability to forward calls to SIP: in the scenario settings -> the "Queue" cube -> uncheck the " Presence control " setting . (When this option is enabled, the system searches for operators only in the operator position.)
How to check the connection to the IP-PBX
After connecting, the registration status can be seen in the SIP telephony section .
And also the registration status will be displayed in your device where you made the connection (if there is such an option ).
- What is a SIP trunk and how to connect it to Oki-Toki read in a separate article on the blog.
- Where to buy a SIP number – our recommendations .