Creating a new contact import in CRM
Go to the section “Project Resources”, subsection ” Mass Operations “. Click Create and select Import Contacts to CRM.
Filling in the settings
- Name – usually left untouched, but, for example, you can indicate the orientation or loyalty of the downloaded contacts.
- Description – additional information about the created import of contacts in CRM. Useful when looking for specific imports later on.
- Import Type:
- Add – This option is usually used. The system will create all the contacts loaded in this import that will match the required parameters. For example, they will pass a check for duplicates, contain a phone number and comply with the validation rules)
- Update – The purpose of the import is to update the fields of existing contacts. (For this operation, CRM must not have duplicates)
- Add + Update – new ones will be added and existing ones will be updated (a hybrid of the first two types of imports)
- Number validation rules – for example  – means that only 12-digit phone numbers will be validated and added.
- Number conversion rules – for example, by specifying the formula “/-7+8”, for all 11-digit numbers, the prefix (first digit) “7” will be replaced by “8” (in those numbers where the first digit is indeed “7” ). Formulas do not have strict restrictions and can be adjusted to the needs of the client. For example, if you are adding a 10-digit number (no prefix), then you can add all prefix numbers using the formula “/+7”.
- Auto-dial – specify, if necessary, an auto-dial that will call the downloaded contacts.
- Autocall start time is the time at which calls are scheduled to start for this import.
- Scenario is a business process that you assign to these contacts in CRM.
- Queue – select the queue to which the contacts will be assigned. Users who are not assigned to this queue will not see these contacts.
Exposing contact fields
Now select CRM contact fields from the list in the same order as they are listed in the table of the database to be loaded.
So, after selecting all the fields, it remains to copy the contents of the table with the contact database and simply paste it into the text box under the contact fields. Then we save the import, thus starting the process of loading data into CRM, done!
Adding new fields
If the standard fields are not enough, then go to the CPM menu in the Contact Fields section , select “Create” and add a new field . After saving, just go back to creating an import and the new field will appear in the list.
Checking for duplicate contacts in CPM no longer requires unique combinations of fields – now it is enough to define a contact field that will be considered unique, go to settings and activate check
When importing contacts into CRM, you will see in the tooltip which field is currently used when checking duplicates (by default, checking duplicates is disabled). You no longer need to specify unique fields for each import. After activation, the check will work constantly, and those contacts that do not pass the check will be recorded in the import results.
And if we did everything right, then the result will be an operation and the contacts will be loaded successfully. But which contacts had duplicate numbers, or in case of checking for duplicates, or if already there contacts did not have a phone number – all this can lead to the fact that some contacts are detected from you.
What should I do if there are contacts in the table of import results in the line Failed? We simply click on the Failed state (hyperlinked) and upload a list of failed contacts. To find out more, click on the button “Actions” – “Result” to the right of the table. In the first column, you can see one of these explanations for the failed upload:
- not_unique => not unique: such a number is in dialer or there is already a contact with such a number (if duplicate checking is active)
- wrong_format => wrong format: status may appear if, for example, a text value is specified in the phone number field, which cannot be a subscriber number)
- no_phones_column => no phones field: there is no number in the phone number column
- no_fields => no fields: made an import without specifying fields (or specifying insufficient fields)
To work with a large client base, you can use dialer, more details here .
Thank you for your attention!